Massive advancements have been made in the cost and the quality of orthopedic devices, implant devices and many other medical components. These advancements have been supported, and in many cases made possible, by the modernization of equipment and manufacturing investments in the medical products industry.
Injected molded plastic parts, such as artificial knee and hip joints, specially engineered small - to medium-sized medical parts, and plastic injected syringes, pill containers and breathing apparatus devices are all essential to modern medicine and personal health care. Implant devices such as artificial hip joints are frequently made from strong, tough but hard to machine titanium and cobalt chrome stainless steel.
Much of this technological improvement simply would not have been possible without the machine tool advancements that have occurred to help generate these medical applications. And many of those industries and jobs are located in the heartland of America, according to applications engineers at Makino, a global provider of advanced machine tool technology.
This is an area of future manufacturing growth. One major designer and developer of cardiovascular medical products, such as leads that connect to life-saving devices such as implantable defibrillators and pacemakers, says the intricacy of modern machine tools makes all its work possible. The small, detailed shapes with exceptional finishes demanded by modern health industry consumers simply could not be made without the work performed by modern CNC machine tools.
Health care and orthopedic health professionals recognize that technologically progressive equipment and methods are vital to making continued advancements toward superior health care in the United States. Prioritizing the investment in machine tool technology will yield even greater health care benefits and options to an aging American population that continues to grow.
- Rapid Prototyping Revolution
- Improving Manufacturing Cycle Times With Machine Tooling
- Improving Manufacturing Cycle Times Through Machine Tooling
- Consumers Get in Touch With New Technology
- So What Is The True Salary For Medical Transcriptionist?
- The Practicality of Artificial Trees
- Maintaining Jobs and Work Through Machine Automation
- Emerging Technologies In The Vending Machine Industry
- Micromanufacturing Opportunities Grow
- How Technology Can Make Your Business Life Easier?
- Made in Italy: excellence in the production of automatic vending machine