The challenges of today's global marketplace are forcing companies to look at doing things differently in order to get that extra edge over their competition.
According to Makino, a global provider of advanced machining technology, companies doing things the same way they have been doing them for the last 10 to 15 years are probably in a "recurring uniform trap," or "RUT," while the global market is passing them by.
Why do something differently? Productivity is a big reason. A 21st century equation explains what productivity requirements will be for the future; the concept
being half the number of people, making twice as much money, but doing three times the amount of work.
In manufacturing, this concept is coming true today. Companies are looking under every rock for opportunities to improve productivity, increase efficiency and lower costs.
In many machine shops, machining centers sit idle while manual work is still being performed. By doing things this way, the companies are not getting the most out of their machine nor their personnel investment.
In today's competitive environment, companies must identify if they are stuck in a RUT. In order to improve, they must be willing to step outside their comfort zones and create solutions.
Culture change takes place gradually, and everyone, especially the people who are out on the floor, must first have a high level of confidence that new technology will work and work reliably before they embrace it. Reliable, high-performance machines not only produce results but also eliminate your business RUT.
- Improving Manufacturing Cycle Times With Machine Tooling
- Improving Manufacturing Cycle Times Through Machine Tooling
- Rapid Prototyping Revolution
- Micromanufacturing Opportunities Grow
- Accenture’s Global Technology Growth Continues in India
- Medical Innovations Via Modern Machine Tool Technology
- Custom Vinyl Decals and Magnetic Signs Give You a Competitive Advantage
- Necessary equipments for production of labels
- Start Vending with Used Machines
- Virtualization Technology
- Maintaining Jobs and Work Through Machine Automation