No Visa and No Tourist Card, up to 90 day stay – People with passports from the following countries do not need a visa to enter Panama: Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Chile, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Uruguay and the UK (except for persons who were born in Hong Kong, or if the UK passport was issued in Hong Kong).
Panama Tourist Card – The tourist card takes the place of a conventional visa. One can be purchased at the departure airport terminal or in Panama at the Immigration area for $5.00. The tourist card is good for 30 days and there are provisions to apply for a 60-day extension at the sole discretion of the immigration authorities. People with passports from the following countries are eligible to purchase 30 day tourist cards: Antigua & Barbuda, Aruba, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Curacao, Ecuador, Greece, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Japan, Korea (Rep), Malta, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Norway, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent & the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome & Principe, Surinam, Taiwan, Trinidad & Tobago, USA, Venezuela and Vatican City.
Panama Tourist Card Extension – It is possible to obtain a 60-day extension for the tourist card. The application process includes the following:
* Valid passport good for six months
* Tourist Card and two copies of the Panama immigration stamp in your passport
* Return airplane ticket or voucher that is in effect for at least the sixty-day period
* Letter from Panama Citizen or Panama Resident who will sponsor you and your visit and thus assume responsibility for you. This should be notarized along with a copy of their cedula.
* Economic Solvency Documentation such as bank statements, credit cards, tax returns of the tourist or the Panama person sponsoring him or her
* Provide three passport-size pictures
Formal Panama Embassy Issued Visa – People with passports from these countries must get a formal visa: Czech Republic, Cyprus, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Peru and Philippines may only enter Panama if they have a visa.